It is good to take the time to ask yourself why you want to quit if you are trying to stop smoking. And I know that to you, it may seem obvious, but you would be surprised to discover that the why can control your chances of success.
Here are a few examples of statement beginning with ¨When I¨.
- When I make more money, I will no longer worry.
- When I get a new job, I will be free.
- When I stop smoking, my partner will stop nagging me.
- When I go on holiday, I will be able to relax.
- When I give up smoking, my husband will buy me that car he is promising.
- When I quit smoking, my wife, who earns more than me, will respect me.
- When I stop smoking, my boyfriend will be kind to me and will propose.
- When I give up smoking, I will not be so anxious about the possibility of a heart attack or stroke.
- When I lose weight, I will find someone who loves me.
- When I give up smoking, I will no longer worry about getting lung cancer and leaving my children orphaned.
You might even know some people who then stopped from smoking but they gained weight by overeating, and/or who then became very irritable, they went back to smoking, or who one day out of the blue, picked up a cigarette and started all over again. But when they first stopped, they were happy. They had this great few months of feeling great. What happened? The reason is that we have not solved the root cause behind the need to stop smoking. So, we think that stopping smoking will make us happy, but after the initial euphoria subsides, we are on the lookout for something again.
There are ways of giving up smoking. Lots of vape pen starter kit can be found in the market. Do not get me wrong here; I am not suggesting that you have to spend money or see someone in order to stop smoking, there is also self-help. So let me explain more about the ¨When I¨ driver for stopping smoking. When we reach our goal of giving up smoking through going for cold turkey, habit modification, or medication we are happy for a while, but then there is something else we find ourselves needing.
Most people come to me to stop smoking because they are aware that if they continue, they will have heart attacks, strokes, and may get cancer of the lung, throat, or some other painful way of an early demise. And that is the norm. However, for some people, they are anxious that they may die of a smoking-related illness and think to themselves that when they stop smoking, they will be safe from the diseases that terrify them. Can you see the difference here? One smoker is simply aware of the dangers of continuing smoking and is making a decision to change. Another smoker is terrified and anxious about the consequences of continuing smoking and is driven not by a desire to be healthy but the need to avoid the terror situation of serious disease and death. read more from the other source like http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-smoking-0616-md-20170612-story.html
Think hard! Lots of vape pen products can be greatly helpful to help you kick the habit.… Continue reading